The Cookery includes seating, 8 ft. rectangular tables, and glassware for up to 200 guests in your rental package. Clients may choose to utilize these items, or they may choose to rent different tables, chairs or dishes according to their particular tastes. Clients hosting parties with more than 200 guests will need to rent additional items from American Party Rentals.
Hosts are required to provide cloth linens according to the size specifications for the tables below. And don't forget linen napkin rentals! If you would like assistance in your linen selections, we are more than happy to accompany you to a meeting at CE Rentals (more information about linens below).
All caterers on our Preferred Caterer List are familiar with The Cookery's inventory and number in stock. By providing this list, we intend to help you save money on rentals passed on from your caterer, and to simplify your needs for your event!
Our inventory includes:
Tables and Chairs
Hosts are required to provide cloth linens according to the size specifications for the tables below. These measurements ensure that all tables are fully covered and that linens reach the floor!
(200) folding ranch oak chairs - black seat pad
(25) 8' rectangular tables (30" wide)
Linen measurement: 90" x 156" cloth
(3) 6' rectangular tables (30" wide)
Linen measurement: 90" x 132" cloth
(1) 4' rectangular table (30" wide)
Linen measurement: 90" x 120" cloth
(1) 36" round table
Linen measurement: 96" round linen
(1) 60" round table
Linen measurement: 120" round linen
(4) 24" diameter round cocktail tables
Linen measurement: 120" round linen uncuffed
Linen measurement: 132" round linen cuffed
(5) 30" square wooden cocktail tables
No linen is needed!
(5) 30" round wooden cocktail tables
No linen is needed!
Wine Glass 10.5 oz
All Purpose Goblet 14 oz
(General Water Glass)
Champagne Flute 5.75 oz
Pub (Pint) Glass 16 oz
Cocktail Glass 7.5 oz
Old Fashioned Glass 14 oz
(Aristocrat Double Old Fashioned)
(6) Large Trays - 27” x 22” oval
(10) Cocktail Trays - 14”
(6) Wooden Tray Stands
(6) Water Pitchers
Note: Rentals for items such as chafing dishes and serving utensils will be handled and listed by your caterer in your catering estimate.
Front Room A/V
- A/V equipment can connect to your laptop or iPhone, or iPod. We also have Generation 5 Apple TV.
- AirPlay (connection to our projector screen through wifi) is available on all Apple devices running iOS 4.3 or later.
- Free wifi is available for hosts and vendors.
- If you are renting our audio equipment, please note that only an iPod or laptop may be plugged into our system (either plugged in through the headphone jack or through our wifi). Personal mixers and other equipment will require a PA.
- Our A/V equipment is built for presentations and toasts, not dance parties - if there will be dancing at your event, we highly recommend hiring a DJ. Unfortunately our system is not built for high-level volume purposes!
- If you would like to share a photo slideshow on the big screen during your cocktail hour, we request you submit your photos in our Dropbox folder a week in advance.
- Bluetooth Sonos Speakers
- If you would like to use the Sonos speakers during your event you must:
- Download the Sonos App (it's free!)
- Connect to wifi: The Cookery Guest, Password: thecookerywifi
- Log into your Sonos App
- Play from any playlist on your tablet or phone!
- Enjoy controlling the volume staight from your phone!
Tenting the Courtyard or Garden
Giant rolling garage doors to allow your guests to enjoy our courtyard and garden! Please contact us if you would like to tent the courtyard or the garden - we would be happy to make a reservation for you!
When it comes to tenting, there are limitless options in decor, lighting and weatherproofing! Tent accessories include:
- heating and cooling equipment
- a myriad of heating options for both tent and patio, including tent heaters, outdoor patio heaters, and unique copper patio heaters.
- Interested in air conditioning your tent during the hot summer months? The Cookery will facilitate tent AC rental - just contact us for details!
- tent flooring with channels water underneath to divert water (see photos to the right for examples)
- market lighting (large-bulbed stringed lights)
- pedestal lamps
- and much more!
Feel free to contact us to discuss the wide range of options to perfectly complement your event!
When considering outdoor dining and tenting options, please remember:
Since weather, along with logistical considerations surrounding tent installation, is always a concern for events, The Cookery will make a determination based on weather forecasts and event needs for tenting in the courtyard.
A forecast of bad weather for any portion of the weekend may require a tent to be installed even if the weather forecast for the day of your event is clear. If tenting is required, then the cost of the tenting will be added to your invoice regardless of the actual weather on your Event Date. We will always do our best to accommodate your needs and desires for tenting, but the final decision on tenting the courtyard as at the sole discretion of The Cookery.
Click on any of the images to enlarge and see details!
Other Suggested Items to Rent
If you are having more than 200 guests at your event, you may need to rent additional tables and chairs. No problem! American Party Rentals is familiar with The Cookery's inventory and needs, and will be able to deliver matching rentals to The Cookery. There may be other rentals you may want to consider - here are a few suggestions:
Dance floor and stage
Our polished concrete floor is not ideal for dancing, so if you are planning on having dancing at your event, a dance floor will need to be rented.
Fortunately American Party Rentals has dance floors that fit beautifully in our space! Dance floors are available for rent in 3’ x 3’ and 4' x 4' squares so the size can easily be altered depending on your dancing needs.
A stage can also be rented if you are planning to have live music. Stages for your band are optional.
Linens and tableware
When in comes to linen and tableware selections, there are countless choices!
The Cookery works with American Party Rentals in Durham, who offers countless color, style and texture options.
While you are more than welcome to rent linens and tableware from any other trusted linen rental company, we make delivery easy when you work with American Party Rentals with their special access to our space. Plus it's always easiest to get everything from one place!
Our mezzanine is a perfect place for a variety of unique settings, your guest count permitting. You can use the mezzanine as:
- a place to have your wedding ceremony
- a cocktail lounge with furniture and cocktail tables
- a "game room" with cards, checkers and other games
- or put a photo booth upstairs, with props and other items for guests to use in their pictures!
For the kids!
We do not have any high chairs or toddlers' chairs in our inventory - high chairs and non-folding chairs will need to be rented if you have small children attending your party.