The Front Room Amenities
Boasting exposed brick walls, distinctive metalwork salvaged from Durham landmarks, and a ceiling stretching 20 feet high, the Front Room, The Cookery's event venue in downtown Durham, hosts a myriad of private celebrations, corporate functions, and public events. Our unique space is perfect for:
- weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and post wedding brunches
- private celebrations such as birthday parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, and retirement parties
- corporate parties
- daytime seminars and luncheons
- university functions
- food shows, fundraisers, trade shows, and other community events
- 2,500 sq. ft. space that can accommodate a seated dinner for up to 175 guests*
- 20 foot high ceilings
- completely adjustable lighting, offering various lighting combinations that can change throughout the event.
- a full bar, featuring local NC beers on tap and professional bartenders
- a large mezzanine for guests and photographers to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the room
- outdoor patio area prepped for tenting
- audio/visual system that includes a 15' projector screen and Apple TV
- free, secure wireless internet
*For cocktail style events, we can accommodate over 225 guests.
All you need to rent are the linens!
When you rent the Front Room, you gain access to over $2,000 worth of rentals for free! We provide seating, tables and tableware to accommodate 125 people, allowing you to avoid costly rental fees and focus on other pertinent details of your event. Should you have more than 125 guests, we can certainly accommodate you! All inventory can be matched with American Party Rentals' inventory.
The following are example layouts for the Front Room. Many of these can be altered of course, according to your needs and the caterer. Feel free to discuss these options during your tour!