Thank you for your interest in working at The Cookery! We currently have the Steward position available, which is a full time job. Please see the job description below, and if you are interested, fill out the following application.
Please do not call The Cookery or drop off an application - all applications must be submitted via this form. Thank you!
The Cookery's Steward
Full Time - Workload of 40 Hours a Week
Steward must have a Smartphone to check the Booking Bug app daily, in addition to a means of transportation for equipment pick up and purchases at Costco, Home Depot and the grocery store.
The Cookery is looking for a driven, efficient, and organized professional to serve as the Steward for our commercial kitchen and event space. We are not looking for an employee to clock in and then clock out at the end of the day, but for a trustworthy and driven person to take ownership of operations and responsibility for the growth and success of our business!
This job requires some heavy lifting and daily physical work. Ideal candidates are active, move quickly to tackle tasks, and have a strong attention to detail!
The Steward is in charge of cleaning our commercial kitchen. The Steward will be given a checklist of daily tasks, and will be expected to carry out all of the duties with attention to detail.
Cleaning The Cookery’s kitchen facility entails:
- Scrubbing and mopping the facility
- Washing floor mats
- Emptying trash and recycling containers & taking them to the street on trash days
- Cleaning and wiping down cooking equipment, sinks and surfaces
- Cleaning bathrooms
Communication with our Membership Liaison:
- Check ins with Membership Liaison to report any malfunctioning equipment and member issues
- Checking the Booking Bug scheduling app daily to know what members are working in the kitchen
The Front Room is The Cookery’s event venue, and it is connected to our kitchen. Most of the events at the Front Room are on Fridays and Saturdays, so the majority of prep occurs on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Front Room responsibilities entail:
- Mopping and sweeping the facility, cleaning windows, and sweeping outside
- Glass polishing and silverware polishing and bagging
- Moving of event inventory and organization (tables, chairs, tableware and more)
- Double checking inventory counts
- Cleaning post event on Mondays
- Venue maintenance
- Pick up of bar items, tools or equipment
Hourly wage: $13 an hour – this is a full time job. Steward must have a Smartphone to check the Booking Bug app daily, in addition to a means of transportation for equipment pick up and purchases at Costco, Home Depot and the grocery store.
Banner image by Swank Photo Studio