Welcome to our state of the art professional kitchen facility.
The Cookery is a certified food production facility located in the historic Durham Food Co-op building on West Chapel Hill Street. Entrepreneurs launching or expanding upon a culinary business can rent the kitchen for one-time events or on an ongoing basis.
The Cookery is a membership-based organization. In order to use our facility, you must be a food business with proper regulatory agency and insurance paperwork. If you are starting a business and need assistance with this process, we are more than happy to point you in the right direction! Click on the Become A Member page to get started.
The Cookery is dedicated to:
- supporting local food talent to create and distribute exciting new culinary goods.
- providing our members with top-of-the-line equipment, multiple cooking stations, secured food storage and food truck terminals.
- providing logistic support, such as business seminars for culinary entrepreneurs and marketing consultation.
- 4 Full Size Convection Ovens
- 6 Burner Range
- Salamander Broiler
- 36” Char Grill
- 40 lb Fryer
- 80, 40 and 7 qt Mixers
- Continuous-Feed Slicers/Graters
- Continuous-Feed Robot Coupe Processors
- 40 gallon Steam Kettle
- Bakers Station
- 20 Sheet Pan Dough Proofer
- Walk-In And Reach-In Coolers
- Reach-In Freezers
- 52 Rack per hour Dishwasher
- Raw Meat Prep Area
- Personal Lockers
We provide all the pots and pans. The only things you have to bring are your utensils and knives.
Banner image by Cameron Farlow