Renting The Cookery event grounds FAQ
What types of events can be hosted at The Cookery?
The Cookery is an event venue that can be utilized for:
- wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, and post wedding brunches
- business seminars and meetings, corporate luncheons, professional seated dinners, and presentations
- birthday parties, Bat/Bar mitzvahs, sweet sixteen parties, and other social functions
- fundraisers and trade shows
I'm ready to host my next event at The Cookery. What are the next steps?
Great! Please fill out our online form in order to provide us with the details of your event. To fill out the form, CLICK HERE. We will then contact you to schedule a tour! During the tour, we will discuss all of the included amenities, rental packages, and discuss layout suggestions. You will then be able to leave the tour with a proposal laying out your rental prices in hand!
Can I have my wedding at The Cookery?
Of course! We have a variety of layouts to accommodate your wedding ceremony and reception, including a private cobblestoned garden designed for ceremonies for up to 330 people. We also have a bridal suite that comes with your space rental, and host countless rehearsal dinners of all shapes and sizes.
I'd like to host a professional corporate seminar or event. Can The Cookery accommodate my needs?
We would be happy to. Hosting a corporate event at The Cookery is easy! We have state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment that allows you to utilize easily give presentations on our projector screen.
Audio/visual amenities include:
- a hand-held wireless microphone
- mic stand
- 15' diagonal projector screen that hangs from the ceiling
- LCD projector for your laptop with CD/DVD player/iPod connection
- Sound system and speakers with iPod connection
- Generation 5 Apple TV
Where is The Cookery in relation to Downtown Durham?
We are conveniently located in central Durham and just walking distance away from Highway 147, Duke East Campus, and the city center.
What parking is available in the area?
We have parking agreements with many neighboring businesses throughout the West Chapel Hill Street corridor, and complimentary valet is provided for all events hosted at The Cookery on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Banner image by F5 Photography